This intro to Captain America gets into why he’s great and great jumping on points for the Sentinel of Liberty. Panelists Brad Graeber and Amanda Schuckman help us cover everything from Kirby's Mad Bomb to The Winter Soldier and everything in-between.
Creator Interview: Current Cap writer Rick Remender (comicbookdb/website/twitter) talks about his origin story as a fan of the character and comics in general. (uncut Artist Edition Interview 43: Rick Remender - Challenging Authority)
Post-Show: We get spoilery about The Winter Soldier (yes, again) in Test Pattern 8: 30 Dudes in 5 Seconds.
- Transporter: personal cloud storage that lives in your house. Use offer code ESN10 to get 10% off any Transporter model at FileTransporter.com
- IDW Publishing: everything from amazing Artist's Editions of classic comic art to Popeye Classics to John's beloved Haunted Horror. Leave an iTunes review and email it through our contact form by 25 April 2014 to win a copy of the new Haunted Horror hardcover!
- This week's Recommended Reading list covers all runs, issues, movies, TV movies, and videgames
- The Vulture article we all hate.
- Captain America had a series of TV movies in the 1970's that Brad loved.
- If you ever met Lenore Zann (voice of Rogue from X-Men '92) in person, I bet you'd be "nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room fulla rockin' chairs".
- An amazing YouTube video about "The House That Dripped Dough?!"! The link starts at the relevant point. Is she wearing a cape?
- On Moisés's list of shame: the super-low-rent 1990 Captain America movie (trailer) that stars Matt Salinger, son of JD Salinger. Yes, that JD Salinger.
- There really is an Illuminati in Marvel Comics.
- Henry Kissinger should have gotten his own spinoff miniseries, if not an ongoing. Missed opportunity.
- The Nomad costume featured a v-neck that redefined v-necks and made Cap look like "one of the dancers from Magic Mike getting ready to do a pirate sketch".
- Jim Steranko's sequential panel work redefined overlapping action in comics art. Marvel.com wrote a piece about it.